Hello guys! it's my first time here at "Canto il forum" i hope to meet new people with a strong passion for music... by the way I'm Sherwin 28 yr.old male living in Monza (Mi). I love to sing... i guess i got it from my dad coz he use to be a singer when he was young Smile (that's way way back) but he's my idol!!! go dad!!! since i was young i just loved singing even in-front of the class... my teacher always ask me to sing for her & i always see tears in her eyes... ehehe...i make her cry! Smile of course i needed to work to earn for a living... i wanted to take a music class but we don't have money to spend for that... so i'm actually a bit frustrated about it... i don't want to stop dreaming... it's for free anyhow!!! i just love to meet people and probably sing with them... either in a bar, studios, home gigs or whatever... by the way guys these are my fav. artist;

Luther Vandross
Michael Bublé
Josh Groban
Peter Cincotti
James Ingram
Tony Bennette
Frank Sinatra
The great Elvis Presly
Lea Salonga
Regine Velasquez
Withney Houston
Aretha Franklin
Celine Dion
Patty Austin

and many more.............

so guys, if you think we have the same taste when it comes to music... feel free to write me back o.k! that's all for now... i'll wait for your post!

ora vado ad ascoltare un pò di musica!!! a presto!

Sherwin

*the power of music!

Good job Sherwin! You're welcome in our forum! You'll find nice people who loves singing and music!
If you know italian too, I advise you to write in italian 'cause here, surely, are many guys who would like to talk with you but I think that meet you in english could be a problem for someone.. Wink
So, I'm hungry! I go to cook something to eat! See you soon! Very Happy

P.s. Forgive me if I make some mistake! Wink

To: genna... yeah coz is because...i'm just so lazy sometimes to write the entire word... thanks for the welcome!!!

To: Jolly... wow you're great! i feel at home now!!!

Quindi cerco di scrivere in Italiano... però non dovete prendermi in giro... non sono tanto bravo a scrivere Smile a presto!!!

la la la la ...la la la la la... la la la la la... la la la la la la... du du du du du .... ah ah ah ah ah ahaaaaaaaaa! (it's the song "Loving You" by Minnie Riperton) ehehhee

ciao ciao!!!

welcome!

non preoccuparti nessuno ti prenderà in giro... the entire community will be grateful if you use italian Wink (all but valesinger... XD)!

Ben arrivato!!
e grazie agli altri per aver tolto le castagne dal fuoco...ero già un pò in paranoia da interrogazione di inglese di terza liceo Embarassed Embarassed
..e facciamo anche quarta e quinta,va...

per bianchina & storm, grazie per un caloroso benvenuto da Voi... ora non mi vergogno più di scrivere in Italiano... promise!

vado a dormire... a domani! bacione a tutti!

@sherwin ha scritto in my first time here!!!:

Quindi cerco di scrivere in Italiano... però non dovete prendermi in giro... non sono tanto bravo a scrivere Smile

A me invece sembri bravissimo! Wink
Benvenuto!!

Oh maaaan!! How cool is that?!?! When I thought that nothing could make this forum better than it was, here you come writing an entire post in English!! _ I'm melting away! (and many people here will make fun of me from this moment on...but who cares!! IT'S SO COOL TO HAVE YOU HERE WITH US!! ^_^)

Anyway...I definitely agree with your fabulous music tastes (you've just forgotten my idol, Mariah Carey Razz, but it's ok Wink ), and I can't wait to hear your voice!! Since you live quite close to many of us, we should definitely meet some day and sing together at a karaoke or a bar or just on the street!!

Where do you originally come from? (anyway, good looks! Wink ) And how come you live in Monza now?
I think your Italian is perfect, but if you should ever need some help with a word or an expression or a translation from Italian to English (or vice versa), feel free to contact me with a PM...many folks here know how much l love English and can surely imagine how excited I am right now!! _ Very Happy

You're melting away, Vale?? Shocked

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

You'll never change!! just a few english words and you go crazy! XD

SHERWIN: Benvenuto!!! finalmente un po' di internazionalizzazione! dopo l'iscrizione del Prof Paolo, un altro straniero!!!

raccontaci un po' di te... dove hai vissuto, come ti sembra la situazione musicale italiana (ti chiedo già perdono per quello che sarai e sei costretto a sentire nel "Bel Paese") e soprattutto se vieni al raduno! XD

Vale just gonna be crazy 4 u! I'm excited too 'cause I've studied in a high school that specializes in foreign languages, but now at the university I've not a great possibility to talk in language with someone.. Even if I don't think you need our help for writing in Italian! Wink
That's right Sherwin, talk us about your life.. Where are you come from? What do you do here in Italy? What do you think about us (our music and our country too)?
You had never sung with someone or in a band? Do you play a musical instrument? Question
So, the questioning is finished.. We wait for your reply! Have a nice day! Very Happy
P.s. Grandma don't worry (that's for our dear "grandmother" Bianchina!), we'll translate all 4 u and the rest of the community! Wink

Hey there guys!!! my gosh!... i feel like being at Showbiz Central... ehehehe or probably at Oprah Winfrey's show... take it easy guys... i'll answer you one at a time... be gentle!!! Smile ehehehe!

so... let me start:

first of all, i would like to say hi to Ms. Vale!!! nice to meet you girl! oh one more thing, U ROCK!!! u have a f*****g awesome voice! can't wait to hear you LIVE!

i'll say something about me (pls. guys, u better translate everything to Bianchina o.k! promise that!!!)

some tid bits about Sherwin: (sherwin means; quick as the wind!)

my dad is from spain and mom is from manila (philippines...just in case anybody don't know) i grew-up in manila until the age of 14/15 then transfered to singapore for college (where i took fine arts)... during my stay in singapore the whole family transferred to austria... so, from singapore i ended-up with my family in austria... from austria i traveled around europe... i find italy so interesting for me...i felt home here... so i decided to look for a job... and guess what?!!! i found one!!! isn't it great... i work as a visual designer for a multi brand store...actually to be honest with you guys i just quit my job recently Sad you know after 6 long years here i just got bored... i want to spread my wings and fly...fly...fly...away... (that's according to mr.bublé) ehehehe! no, but seriously, i just want to discover new horizons and see what's in store for me... so, by the end of march i should pack-up my back pack and go! go! go! sherwin!!! let's stop talking about my job... let's jump on to the next topic, MUSIC! what do i think about the italian music?! Oh, i just freaking love it!!! excluding the non sense hip-hop or whatsoever music i hear from radio stations... i don't have anything against it (for those who love hip-hop, peace bro!) i dig Elisa... i think she's the #1 ... i love her range and style... very international!!! Tiziano is not bad! the old songs from Patty Pravo are cool!!! (original & particular voice)... i love Jenny B... i don't know where she is now...any news from her?! (fantastic voice!).

I use to sing in a band when i was in high school (during my teen years) oh... i miss high school life... we use to play the guitar after class... jam sessions all night long... those where days!!! Smile but i don't play the guitar anymore... instead of tapping the guitar i tap the computer Sad so sad if i may say... but the passion for music is still there!!! it's already a part of my DNA i'm sure about that! just like everybody here i guess!

so i think this is enough for now... am i too boring for you guys?! don't lie Smile ehehehe "honesty is the best policy" ehehehe.

i hope to hear from all of you... sleep tight and may the power of music be with you always!!!

baci&abbraci!
Sherwin

one nation one station

i rembeber high school times et english lesson et latin lesson
and a bit i understand...

..non chiedetemi una discussione in qualsiasi lingua o dialetto fatta eccezione per il magnifico italiano..ma scrivete pure tra di voi in inglese che a leggervi vi capisco...ma grazie per il pensiero

your granma Wink

@sherwin ha scritto in my first time here!!!:

first of all, i would like to say hi to Ms. Vale!!! nice to meet you girl! oh one more thing, U ROCK!!! u have a f*****g awesome voice! can't wait to hear you LIVE!

Oh my God! Razz Thank you sooo much!! Embarassed
You know, I love compliments just like anyone else...but compliments IN ENGLISH sound like Heaven to me!!! _

And as for the rest...you gotta promise me and all of us that you're gonna come to the Raduno (meeting/gathering/Forum party)...March, 29th...here in Modena, not too far from Milan... OK?!? ^_^

Oh, and I agree with your tastes also in Italian music: Elisa is definitely one of my favourites...you should listen to L'Aura as well...do u know her? I love her style and voice..._

Well...it's truly a pleasure to have you here man! Cool

@bianchina ha scritto in my first time here!!!:

one nation one station

i rembeber high school times et english lesson et latin lesson
and a bit i understand...

..non chiedetemi una discussione in qualsiasi lingua o dialetto fatta eccezione per il magnifico italiano..ma scrivete pure tra di voi in inglese che a leggervi vi capisco...ma grazie per il pensiero

your granma Wink

Sei troppo forte nonnina! Wink

@valesinger ha scritto in my first time here!!!:

You gotta promise me and all of us that you're gonna come to the Raduno (meeting/gathering/Forum party)...March, 29th...here in Modena, not too far from Milan... OK?!? ^_^

Where's my invitation for the "musical rally"?!?! Sad I wanna be with you!
However my darling Sherwin, you should be called "the traveller"! And where you'd like to go after Italy? We've surely some social problems, but we're the best mediterranean country! And above all.. italian girls are the best in the world! Have you seen how is pretty Vale? Wink
I'd like to have your opinion about my music, let's find my song in "Come canti" thread.. but I'd like to listen you singing too! Why you don't record Bublè's Lost?
As yesterday, it's time to go in the kitchen for the lunch! Shocked
Bye! Very Happy

@jolly-chitarrista ha scritto in my first time here!!!:

@valesinger ha scritto in my first time here!!!:

You gotta promise me and all of us that you're gonna come to the Raduno (meeting/gathering/Forum party)...March, 29th...here in Modena, not too far from Milan... OK?!? ^_^

Where's my invitation for the "musical rally"?!?! Sad I wanna be with you!
However my darling Sherwin, you should be called "the traveller"! And where you'd like to go after Italy? We've surely some social problems, but we're the best mediterranean country! And above all.. italian girls are the best in the world! Have you seen how is pretty Vale? Wink
I'd like to have your opinion about my music, let's find my song in "Come canti" thread.. but I'd like to listen you singing too! Why you don't record Bublè's Lost?
As yesterday, it's time to go in the kitchen for the lunch! Shocked
Bye! Very Happy

****...giusto qualche..qui in Italia si impartiscono rapide lezioni di sopravvivenza..sempre utili!
****...abbiamo la pizza,le trenette con il pesto,tanto mare,poca acqua,la bellucci,il bova e tanti mandolini...
immagino Sherwin tu non possa mai più andartene da qui,no???

Però ribadisco di cuore il benvenuto su questo forum!!!

@ Jolly Chitarrista: grazie per i complimenti! Embarassed
E ovviamente sei invitato anche tu, COME TUTTI GLI UTENTI DEL FORUM, a partecipare al Raduno...stavo solo cercando di capire una data certa prima di mandare un pm a tutti!!

Visualizzazioni